Information about Artimage cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer to collect standard visitor information.
A cookie cannot give DACS access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you share with DACS. Cookies do not track your browsing activity on any other websites.
You can find more information about the individual cookies DACS uses and the purposes for which DACS uses them below.
Information DACS collects through the website
DACS may automatically collect information on each of your visits to the website which includes:
- technical information, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time-zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Description of Cookies used by DACS
DACS uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the website, register for an account and license images.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These are cookies that allow DACS to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps DACS to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. DACS does not collect or store your personal information alongside this analytical information, so it cannot be used to identify who you are.
- Third party targeting cookies: These cookies allow you a better experience when using other third party websites in conjunction with Artimage, which include social media sites and payment providers. DACS does not collect or store your personal information alongside this analytical information, so it cannot be used to identify who you are.
DACS does not automatically log personal data, nor does DACS link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals. DACS does not allow the sharing of aggregated anonymous analytics data with their analytics provider.
DACS uses Google Analytics to collect information about how people use the website. DACS does this to make sure the website meets the needs of its users and to understand how to improve it.
Google Analytics shares information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the website, how you found the website and what you click on. DACS does not collect or store your name, address or other data you have provided to DACS alongside this information. DACS does not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. You can find out more about Google Analytics on their website.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies.
If you do not want your information shared with Google Analytics you can install a Google Analytics opt-out plugin. You can find out more about this plugin and how to install it on Google's website.
Last updated: 24 May 2018